Facility beats out ‘hallowed Schuykill River in Philadelphia and Charles River in Boston’
A Rowing News reader poll put Sarasota County’s Nathan Benderson Park “atop a list of 10 notable rowing facilities” in North America, the park has announced.
“The list also included the hallowed Schuylkill River in Philadelphia and Charles River in Boston, as well as Saratoga Springs, N.Y., Lake Natoma near Sacramento, Calif., and St. Catharines/Port Dalhousie, Ontario,” a news release says.
Interested persons are encouraged to watch the video on Rowing News’ Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RowingNews/videos/top-ten-rowing-venues-in-north-america/2704675916469811/.
The list of all the honored facilities follows:
- Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota.
- Montlake Cut on Lake Washington in Seattle.
- Lake Natoma in Sacramento, Calif.
- Melton Lake in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- St. Catharines/Port Dalhousie in Ontario.
- Charles River in Boston.
- Schuylkill River in Philadelphia.
- Cooper River near Pennsauken, N.J.
- Tennessee River outside Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Fish Creek in Sarasota Springs, N.Y.
Honorable mention honors went to Mission Bay in San Diego; Lake Lanier, Ga.; and Redwood Shores in San Francisco, the release adds.