No change planned for waste collection
The City and County of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Monday, May 28, in observance of Memorial Day, the local governments have announced.
The county’s public libraries and the Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County also will be closed, the county has announced.
Garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will continue as regularly scheduled, city and county news releases point out.
The county landfill at 4000 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis will be open, but the administrative office will be closed, the county release adds. The Citizens Convenience Center, which is located at 4010 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis, will be open, the release notes. The Chemical Collection Centers on Bee Ridge and Jackson roads also will be closed.
No Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) bus service will be provided on Memorial Day. However, the Siesta Key Breeze trolley will be operating from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., the release says.
Hours of operation at recreational and cultural arts facilities in the City of Sarasota will vary, as follows:
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, located at 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open for regular hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., weather permitting.
- The Children’s Fountain in Bayfront Park,located at the intersection of Ringling Boulevard and Bayfront Drive, will begin its summer hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive on Lido Key, will be closed.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 John RiversSt. in Sarasota, will be closed.
- The box office of the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed.
Most of the Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Department’s recreation centers will be closed, but Arlington Park in Sarasota will be open fromnoon to 5 p.m., and the Payne Park Tennis Center in downtown Sarasota will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.