Siesta Key Breeze to operate on its regular route
Most Sarasota County Government offices and other facilities will be closed Monday, Sept. 4, in observance of Labor Day, county staff has announced.
However, the Breeze Siesta Key route and Breeze OnDemand services will operate on their normal hours.
All trash, recycling and yard waste collection services will be delayed by one day because of the holiday, a news release points out. Curbside collection will run on the following schedule:
- Monday, Sept. 4 — no collection services.
- Tuesday, Sept. 5 — collection for Monday customers.
- Wednesday, Sept. 6 — collection for Tuesday customers.
- Thursday, Sept. 7 —collection for Wednesday customers.
- Friday, Sept. 8 — collection for Thursday customers.
- Saturday, Sept. 9 — collection for Friday customers.
The following offices and facilities will be closed on Sept. 4:
- Sarasota County Breeze Transit administrative office and Breeze ticket outlets.
- Breeze standard bus routes and Breeze Plus services.
- Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources recreation facilities.
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources facilities.
- The Florida Department of Health-Sarasota County.
- The University of Florida’s Institute of Flood and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) Sarasota County Extension Office.
- All solid waste facilities, including the Central County Landfill and its administrative office (4000 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis); the Citizens’ Convenience Center (4010 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis); and the Chemical Collection Center disposal and administrative office and The Re-Uz-It Shop (8750 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota).
The Chemical Collection Center disposal facility located at 250 S. Jackson Road in Venice remains closed because of impacts from Hurricane Ian in September 2022, the release notes.
The Sarasota County landfill will remain open until 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 9, because of the holiday collection schedule, the release says. However, the Construction and Demolition area will close at 2 p.m.