Mobile apps available
Sarasota County Government has launched a new customer service initiative called 311Connect, which has been designed to help community residents access all of the county’s services “in a variety of convenient ways,” the county announced this week.
The new service allows users to submit requests for service or information via the web, a mobile app, or phone, a news release explains.
311Connect provides such options for users as the following:
- What type of service they need, so the request can be routed quickly to the appropriate county staff.
- The ability to attach photos and specify the location where service is needed.
- Receipt of an estimated date by which the request will be completed, along with a tracking number and emailed status updates.
- Ability to provide feedback about their customer service experience.
The system also will “open a library of information about county services to the community for those who prefer self-service,” the release points out, though it also makes clear that “in-person service is always available at county facilities.”
The Sarasota County Contact Center also may be reached directly by calling 311, the release notes.
Communications Director Donn Patchen says the Sarasota County Contact Center “has been a valuable resource for the community,” the release adds. The 311Connect system “is an important evolution of the customer service experience” that the county provides, the release points out.
“This is an exciting opportunity to enhance the connection we have with our residents and visitors,” he added in the release.
Sarasota County Administrator Jonathan Lewis points out that “this new central hub of information offers easier access and multiple options for county staff to provide solutions,” the release continues.
“This is a wonderful new tool for our community,” Lewis said. “It also provides staff with consistent updates on the status of requests, collects information for future use, and is easily accessible by phone, app and the internet,” he added in the release.
To access the new service use the following methods:
- Go to this link.
- Use the 311Connect mobile app for iOS or Android devices. “Sarasota County’s 311Connect is provided and supported by QScend, a web-based citizen request management system utilized by local and county governments,” the release explains.
For more information, call the county Contact Center by dialing 311 or 941-861-5000. Information also may be found at scgov.net.