Ten airlines serving 45 destinations
For the month of February, passenger traffic at the Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) was 26% higher than the total for January, the airport has announced.
In February, the passenger count was 159,772, a news release says. That compares to 126,704 in January, it notes.
The February total was 69% of the 2020 count of 232,549, the release points out.
February 2020 was the last full month of typical airport traffic before the novel coronavirus pandemic began, Frederick “Rick” Piccolo, president and CEO of the airport, told Sarasota County’s Tourist Development Council several months ago.
“It is great to see our passenger numbers starting to recover,” Piccolo added in the release. “With more individuals getting their vaccine, and COVID-19 cases on the decline, we are seeing an increase in the aircraft load factors and the number of travelers using our airport. With Spring Break now upon us,” he continued, “we expect to see upwards of 10,000-plus passengers per day traveling through our airport.”
Ten airlines are serving 45 destinations from SRQ, the release notes.
More new routes have begun, the release also pointed out, with more ahead:
• March 13 — Columbus, Ohio (CMH), Southwest (new seasonal service).
• March 13 — Indianapolis, Ind. (IND), Southwest (new seasonal service).
• March 13 — Pittsburgh, Penn. (PIT), Southwest (new seasonal service).
• April 17 — Milwaukee, Wis. (MKE), Southwest (new seasonal service).
• May 27 — Peoria, Ill. (PIA), Allegiant (new seasonal service).
• May 28 — Concord, N.C. (USA), Allegiant (new seasonal service).