2019 property tax payments to be accepted through April 15 without penalty, Tax Collector’s Office advising

Certain driver’s licenses expiring by April 15 to be valid an extra 30 days

Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates. Image from the Tax Collector’s Office website

Because of the challenges presented by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, Gov. Ron DeSantis has extended the deadlines for 2019 property tax payments and certain driver’s license and ID card renewals, Sarasota County Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates is reminding the public.

The Sarasota County Tax Collector offices closed to the public on March 20, Ford-Coates noted in a news release, but staff members are working behind the scenes to help customers and answer questions about deadline extensions.

In regard to the extensions, the Tax Collector’s Office has provided the following details:

  • 2019 tax payments will be accepted through April 15 without penalty. Although the offices are closed, a payment may be made at www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com, through the mail or in a 24-hour drop box.
  • Driver’s licenses, commercial driver’s licenses or ID cards expiring between March 16 and April 15 are valid for an additional 30 days. Renewals during the extension period will not have delinquent fees charged, the release points out. Driver’s licenses and ID cards may be renewed at www.GoRenew.com.

Customers needing assistance to complete any online transaction should call 941-861-8300, the news release says.

Visit www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com or www.facebook.com/SarasotaTaxCollector for office updates and information.

“We appreciate the public’s continued understanding during this challenging time,” Ford-Coates added in the release. “We are focused on doing whatever we can to assist our customers while ensuring the health and safety of our staff and customers.”

1 thought on “2019 property tax payments to be accepted through April 15 without penalty, Tax Collector’s Office advising”

  1. I think I paid in Dec. but paid cash…how can I find out? Anyone?

    Editor’s Note: You can call the Clerk of Court’s Office at 941-861-7400. They should be able to help you. It will help if you have the receipt they gave you when you paid in cash, although they still should have it in their system.

Comments are closed.