No changes will be made in collection schedules for garbage, recycling and yard waste
Most County and City of Sarasota offices will be closed Monday, Feb. 17, for the national observance of Presidents Day, the local governments have announced.
Garbage, recycling and yard waste collection schedules will not be affected, city and county news releases point out.
The Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County will operate at normal hours, the county release says, “offering its full range of medical and public health services.”
The county’s bus routes and the Siesta Key Breeze trolley will operate on normal hours, the release adds.
Further, Sarasota County’s Chemical Collection Center and the Re-Uz-It Shop, located at 8750 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota; the Central County Landfill, located at 4000 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis; and the Citizens’ Convenience Center, located at 4010 Knights Trail Road, will be open, the release notes.
The following county offices will be closed, along with the administrative offices, the county news release points out:
- The Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) administrative office and downtown Sarasota transfer station customer service window.
- Libraries and Historical Resources Department facilities, including all 10 public libraries.
- Knight Trail Park pistol and rifle range in Nokomis.
- Sarasota County recreation centers.
- Administrative offices at the Central County Landfill, located at 4000 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis, and at the Chemical Collection Center, located at 8750 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota.
- Sarasota County’s Chemical Collection Center, located at 250 S. Jackson Road in Venice.
- Sarasota County’s Human Services andVeterans Services divisions.
For more information, call the county Contact Center at 861-5000 or visit www.scgov.net.
City facilities will operate as follows on Feb. 17, the city news release says:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, located at 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, located at 1000 Circus Blvd., is open 365 days a year.
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, located at 2050 Adams Lane, will be open for limited hours, 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 34th St., will be open for regular hours, from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The box office at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The regular City Commission meeting will be held the following day, on Tuesday, Feb. 18, at 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. in the Commission Chambers within City Hall, which is located at 1565 First St.