Parking in the Palm Avenue and State Street garages will cost $5 — cash only — upon entry on July 1 and July 4
With the upcoming 32nd Annual Sarasota Powerboat Grand Prix and July Fourth holiday weekend celebrations, the City of Sarasota Parking Operations Division is offering reminders to the public in an effort to boost safety and reduce the chances of people receiving parking violations.
City staff asks the public to please consider these parking reminders, a news release says:
- Drive lanes must remain open and clear. (Do not obstruct traffic.)
- Park in the direction of traffic flow.
- Park 20 feet clear of a crosswalk.
- Park at least 30 feet from a stop sign.
- Remain clear of fire hydrants.
- Do not block visual range for other vehicles near intersections.
- Parking is not permitted on the sidewalk.
It is free to park legally on a City of Sarasota street or right of way, the release points out. “Hundreds of parking spaces are available on South Boulevard of the Presidents” and in the south parking lot on South Adams Drive on St. Armands Key, the release adds.
“Please respect the neighborhood and environment where you park,” the release continues.
To help mitigate traffic congestion, the public is encouraged to consider carpooling or using alternative transportation to view the Grand Prix at Lido Beach, which will be held on Sunday, July 3, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
On Friday, July 1, and Monday, July 4, a $5 cash-only fee must be paid upon entry to the Palm Avenue garage or the State Street garage, the release notes.