Operating schedule changes announced for Hamilton Building
As Sarasota County prepares for the grand opening of the William H. Jervey Jr. Venice Public Library in mid-December, Libraries and Historical Resources Department staff began the transfer of the library collection, computers and equipment from the Hamilton Building to the new facility on Nov. 19, the county announced.
To complete the transfer, the Hamilton Building’s operating schedule will be as follows, a news release says:
- Closed through Monday, Nov. 26.
- Open Tuesday, Nov. 27, through Saturday, Dec. 8.
- Closing permanently at the end of the day on Dec. 8.
After the Hamilton Building reopens on Nov. 27, available services will be limited to the following, the release adds:
- Picking up reserved items.
- Returning borrowed items.
- Access to newspapers, magazine and periodicals.
During the closure, patrons are encouraged to visit the following locations for library services, the release says:
- Frances T. Bourne Library, located at 4143 Woodmere Blvd. in Venice.
- Osprey Library, located at 337 N. Tamiami Trail in Osprey.