Garbage and recycling collections to be moved back a day
City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Thursday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday, the city has announced.
Residential garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will be delayed one day, a news release points out. The Thursday collection will take place on Friday, July 5, and the Friday collection will take place on Saturday, July 6.
Hours of operation at recreational and cultural arts facilities will vary, as follows:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, located at 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, located at 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open for regular hours: 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Children’s Fountain, located within Bayfront Park at the intersection ofRingling Boulevard and Bayfront Drive, will be closed.
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be open for regular hours: 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, located at 2050 Adams Lane, will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 John Rivers St., will be open from 6 to 10 a.m.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed, including the box office.
Parking will be free in all city-operated parking garages and metered spaces on July 4, and time restrictions for on-street parking will not be enforced that day, the news release adds.