Recreational facilities also to be closed
City and County of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 5, in observance of Labor Day, their staffs have announced.
No residential garbage, recycling or yard waste will be collected on Monday in the City of Sarasota or in unincorporated areas of Sarasota County, both local governments have emphasized.
In the city, those pickups will be delayed by one day as follows a, city news release points out: The Monday collection will occur on Tuesday, and the Tuesday collection will occur on Wednesday. Thursday’s and Friday’s collections will not be interrupted.
The county has released this schedule for next week:
- Monday, Sept. 5 — no collection services.
- Tuesday, Sept. 6 — collection for Monday customers.
- Wednesday, Sept. 7 — collection for Tuesday customers.
- Thursday, Sept. 9 — collection for Wednesday customers.
- Friday, Sept. 9 — collection for Thursday customers.
- Saturday, Sept. 10 — collection for Friday customers.
Hours of operation at City of Sarasota recreational and cultural arts facilities for Sept. 5 will vary as follows:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, located at 2650 Waldemere St., will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed.
- Nature Trails at Bobby Jones Golf Club, located at 1000 Circus Blvd., remain closed during the ongoing golf courserenovation and restoration project.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, located at 2050 Adams Lane, will be open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 34th St., will be open from 6 to 10 a.m.
- The box office of the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed.
The regular City Commission meeting will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 6, beginning at 9 a.m., the city release notes, and public hearings on the proposed Fiscal Year 2023 budget will start at 6 p.m. that day. The meetings will take place at City Hall, which stands at 1565 First St. in downtown Sarasota.
For more information about garbage, recycling, and yard waste collections in the city, the public may contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651 or visit the Solid Waste webpage on www.SarasotaFL.gov.
County services affected by Labor Day
Sarasota County staff is advising the public of the following changes for Labor Day:
- The Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) administrative office and downtown transfer station customer service window will be closed.
- No regular SCAT bus services or SCAT Plus services will be provided.
- Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Department recreational facilities will be closed.
- The Florida Department of Health-Sarasota County will be closed.
- Sarasota County’s Chemical Collection Centers, located at 8750 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota and 250 S. Jackson Road in Venice, and the Citizens’ Convenience Center, standing at 4010 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis, will be closed.
- The administrative office and Re-Uz-It Shop located at 8750 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota will be closed.
- The administrative offices at the Central County Landfill, standing at 4000 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis, will be closed.
The Siesta Key Breeze trolley and Sarasota County OnDemand services will operate at their normal hours on Sept. 5, the county news release points out.
For more information, call 311 or 941-861-5000.