No modifications planned to garbage and recycling collections in city or county
City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Friday, July 3, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday, the city has announced.
No change will be in effect for the collections of garbage, recycling and yard waste for city or Sarasota County customers, news releases point out.
City parks, playgrounds and most outdoor amenities that have reopened to the public will be available throughout the holiday weekend, the release notes.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities for July 3-5 are as follows:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, located at 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club Nature Trails, located at 1000 Circus Blvd.,will be open for regular hours: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The golf courses are closed until early 2022 for planned renovations.
- Children’s Fountain at Bayfront Park,located at the intersection of Ringling Boulevard and Bayfront Drive, remains closed until further notice.
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, remains closed until further notice.
- Payne Park Tennis Center,located at 2050 Adams Lane,will be closed.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 34thSt., will be closed.
- The Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall,located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed, including the box office.
The annual Fourth of July fireworks display hosted by the Suncoast Charities for Children has been canceled because of the local public health emergency, the release adds.
City offices again will be open to the public on a by-appointment-only basis beginning Monday, July 6, the release points out. City business also may be conducted either online via www.SarasotaFL.gov or by phone at 263-6000.
More information about COVID-19 closures is available at SarasotaFL.gov/COVID-19.
Sarasota County staff has announced the following information in regard to the July Fourth holiday:
- SCAT bus routes, SCAT on-demand services and SCAT Plus will operate on the current modified schedule on Friday, July 3, but SCAT bus routes, on-demand services and SCAT Plus services will be suspended on Saturday, July 4.
- The free Siesta Key Breeze trolley will operate a normal schedule Friday, July 3, and Saturday, July 4.
- Libraries will be closed Friday, July 3, and Saturday, July 4. They will reopen on Monday, July 6. Online services are available 24/7; visit sgov.net/library or download the library mobile app.
- County facilities, including Sarasota Department of Health, Health & Human Services and the downtown administration center will be closed Friday, July 3.
- Knight Trail Park and Outdoor Shooting Complex will be closed Friday, July 3, but it will resume its normal hours on Saturday, July 4.
As of July 2, Sarasota County-owned beaches and their parking lots “will be open this weekend,” the county release says.