Payne Park Tennis Center and R.L. Taylor Community Complex among sites to be closed
City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25, and Friday, Nov. 26, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, the city has announced.
Waste collection schedules will be affected by the holiday, a news release points out. Garbage, recycling and yard waste will not be picked up on Thursday, Nov. 25.
As a result, collections will be delayed by one day, with pickups on the Thursday routes set for Friday, and Friday collections scheduled for Saturday, the release notes.
Additionally, no commercial garbage collection will take place on Thursday. Solid Waste Department staff will coordinate with commercial customers to adjust their individual collections accordingly, the release adds.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities will vary, as follows:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, located at 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed Nov. 25 and 26.
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed Nov. 25 and 26.
- Nature Trails at Bobby Jones Golf Club, located at 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, located at 2050 Adams Lane, will be closed Nov. 25 and 26
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 34th St., will be closed Nov. 25 and 26.
- The box office of the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed Thursday, but it will be open on Friday.
For more information on garbage collection, contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651.