Singles play only will be allowed, and reservations will be required
Starting Friday, May 15, the City of Sarasota Parks & Recreation District’s Payne Park Tennis Center will reopen, the City of Sarasota has announced.
“The Center’s objectives are to provide citizens with excellent service while encouraging social distancing and safety,” a Parks & Recreation District news release says.
The reopening policies are as follows, the release says:
- Reduced facility hours — Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Singles play only will be allowed — two players per court.
- Advanced reservations are required (online or phone); drop-ins are prohibited.
- “Players must play with new tennis balls. No sharing.”
- Showers, lockers, the Court 13 open area and ball machines will be unavailable.
Click here for the complete list of reopening policies, for the Payne Park Tennis Center.
For questions, members of the public are asked to contact a Payne Park Tennis Center staff member at 263-6640.
The Payne Park Tennis Center is located at 2050 Adams Lane in downtown Sarasota.
Tennis courts at Arlington Park, Gillespie Park and Pioneer Park will be open daily from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., with singles play only, following social distancing guidelines and U.S. Tennis Association recommendations, City Manager Tom Barwin noted in a May 14 COVID-19 public health emergency update from the city.