Event will begin at 7 p.m. at Main Street/U.S. 301 intersection
The 20th Annual Downtown Sarasota Holiday Parade will be held on Saturday, Dec. 5, beginning at 7 p.m. at the intersection of Main Street and U.S. 301 in downtown Sarasota, the Sarasota Police Department is reminding the public.
The parade will end at J.D. Hamel Park, which is located at the intersection of Main Street and Gulfstream Avenue, a Police Department news release says.
Several vehicle tow-away zones and street closures will be put into effect for the following periods on Saturday, the news release points out:
- Noon — Main Street will be closed from U.S. 301 to School Avenue.
- 2 p.m. — Main Street will be closed from Orange Avenue to U.S. 41 and from Osprey Avenue to U.S. 301.
- 5 p.m. — Gulfstream Avenue will be closed from U.S. 41 to the Church of the Redeemer at 222 S. Palm Ave.
- 5:30 p.m. — Main Street will be closed from U.S. 301 to U.S. 41, and U.S. 301 will be closed between Fruitville Road and Ringling Boulevard.
- 6 p.m. — The Hollywood 20 garage will close. Main Street will be completely shut down at 7 p.m., when the parade will begin.
Each segment of road will re-open after the parade entries move two blocks past the area of closure, the release adds.
Towing will begin at 5:30 p.m., the release points out. Vehicles not removed by the posted time will be towed at the owner’s expense, the release says.
For information on towed vehicles, the release adds, the public should contact Upman’s Towing at 365-7084.