Police Department advising the public that towing will be enforced for violations
The City of Sarasota, in conjunction with the Sarasota Patriotic Observance Committee, will co-host the annual Veterans Day Parade on Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m. in downtown Sarasota, the city has announced.
In preparation for that event, several roads will be closed in the morning, the Sarasota Police Department has announced. Motorists are advised to abide by the following restrictions:
• 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Main Street closed from U.S. 301 to Mira Mar Court.
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Osprey Avenue closed from Fruitville Road to Ringling Boulevard.
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Links Avenue closed from Fruitville Road to Ringling Boulevard.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Central Avenue closed from Main Street to First Street
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.: First Street closed from Pineapple Avenue to Central Avenue.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Pineapple Avenue closed from State Street to First Street.
Vehicles not removed by the posted time will be towed at the owner’s expense, a Police Department news release points out. For information on towed vehicles, persons may contact Upman’s Towing at 365-7084.