Towing will be enforced in areas where parking is restricted for Dec. 3 event, Police Department says
The 21st Annual Downtown Sarasota Holiday Parade will be held on Saturday, Dec. 3, at 7 p.m., the Sarasota Police Department is reminding the public.
The parade will begin at the intersection of Main Street and U.S. 301 and end at J.D. Hamel Park, located at the intersection of Main Street and Gulfstream Avenue, a news release points out. Vehicles parked in restricted areas during the event will be towed, the release stresses. Street closure notices will be in effect for the following times:
- 9 a.m.: Main Street will be closed from U.S. 301 to U.S. 41.
- Noon: Fletcher Avenue, Wallace Avenue and School Avenue all will be closed between Main Street and Fruitville Road.
- Noon: East Avenue will be closed from Fruitville Road and Ringling Boulevard.
- 2:30 p.m.: Lemon Avenue will be closed from Main Street to First Street.
- 5 p.m.: Gulfstream Avenue will be closed from U.S. 41 to McAnsh Square.
- 5:30 p.m.: U.S. 301 will be closed from Fruitville Road to Ringling Boulevard.
Roads will re-open after the end of the parade reaches a two-block distance from each point of closure, the release notes.
Towing will begin at 5:30 p.m., the release adds. “Vehicles not removed by the posted time will be towed at the owner’s expense,” it says. For information on towed vehicles, contact Upman’s Towing at 365-7084, it notes.