Deadline is March 29
Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is accepting applications for a $1,200 scholarship to be awarded by the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections (FSASE) in 2019, his staff has announced.
The FSASE is offering a total of three scholarships to eligible college/university juniors or seniors enrolled or accepted as full-time students in an accredited Florida university or college, a news release explains.
To be eligible, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a political science, public or business administration, or journalism/mass communications major.
- Must havefinished two years of junior college or undergraduate work and must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida.
- Must havebeen a resident of Florida for at least two years preceding the academic year for which the application is made.
- Must beregistered to vote in the county where the application is made.
Additional eligibility requirements are listed on the application and in the scholarship guidelines, which are available online at SarasotaVotes.com, the release notes. Applications also may be picked up at any one of the following Supervisor of Elections offices:
- Sarasota County Terrace Building, located at 101 S. Washington Blvd. in downtown Sarasota; seventh floor.
- R.L. Anderson Administration Center, located at 4000 Tamiami Trail S. in Venice.
- Biscayne Plaza, located at 13640 Tamiami Trail in North Port.
Completed applications must be received by Friday, March 29, the release points out. Applications may be delivered in person or by mail to Supervisor of Elections, PO Box4194, Sarasota, FL 34230-4194.
For more information, call 861-8606.