City residential garbage and recycling will be collected on July 4, but no pickup planned for county residents
City of Sarasota and Sarasota county administrative offices will be closed Wednesday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday, the local governments have announced.
Residential garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will not be affected in the city. However, no commercial pickup will be provided on July 4, a city news release says.
All city collections will continue as regularly scheduled on Thursday, July 5, the release adds.
For county residents, the following changes in curbside collection services for trash, recycling and yard waste will be implemented, a county news release points out:
- Monday, July 2, and Tuesday, July 3 — no changes.
- Wednesday, July 4 — no collection services.
All remaining collections will be delayed by one day because of the holiday:
- Thursday, July 5 — collection forWednesday customers.
- Friday, July 6 — collection forThursday customers.
- Saturday, July 7 — collection forFriday customers.
Hours of operation at City of Sarasota recreational and cultural facilities will vary:
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, located at 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open regular hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Children’s Fountain within Bayfront Park, located at the intersection ofRingling Boulevard and Bayfront Drive, will be closed.
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be open regular hours: 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Payne Park Skate Park, located at 2110 Adams St., will be open from noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 John Rivers St., will be open from 6 to 10 a.m.
- Sarasota Municipal Auditorium, located at 801 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed, including the box office.
No Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) bus service will be provided on Independence Day, the county news release notes. However, the free Siesta Key Breeze trolley will be operating from 10 a.m. to midnight. It runs between Turtle Beach Park, on South Midnight Pass Road, and Siesta Village.
Most Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Department recreation centers will be closed, but Arlington Park will be open fromnoon to 5 p.m., and the Payne Park Tennis Center will be open from7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., the county release adds.
All solid waste facilities, including the Central County Landfill, the Citizen’s Convenience Center and Chemical Collection Centers, will be closed for the holiday.
For more information about the county’s holiday schedule, call the county Contact Center at 861-5000 or visit www.scgov.net.