Hours of operation to be affected at recreational and cultural facilities
City and County of Sarasota administrative offices and the Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17, in recognition of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday, the city and county have announced.
Trash and recycling collection schedules will not be affected by the holiday, news releases point out.
Hours of operation at city recreational and cultural facilities will also be affected, city staff notes:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, located at 2650 Waldemere St., will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed.
- Nature Trails at Bobby Jones Golf Club, located at 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open regular hours, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, located at 2050 Adams Lane, will be open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 34th St., will be open from 6 to 10 a.m.
- The box office of the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be open regular hours, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The regular City Commission meeting will be held at 9 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 18, in the Commission Chambers at City Hall, which is located at 1565 First St.
For more information on trash and recycling collections, the release adds, persons may contact the Solid Waste Division at 941-365-7651.
Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT bus services, SCATPlus, OnDemand by Sarasota County, and the Siesta Key Breeze will maintain their normal schedules, a county news release says.
The following county facilities will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17:
- Libraries and Historical Resources’ branches and office.
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) operations and call center.
- The Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) administrative office.
- Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources’ recreation centers and the Knights Trail Park pistol and rifle range.
- Sarasota County’s Chemical Collection Centers located at 8750 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota and 250 S. Jackson Road in Venice, along with The Re-Uz-It Shop.
The administrative offices at the Central County Landfill, which is located at 4000 Knights Trail Road and the Bee Ridge Chemical Collection Center.
However, the Central County Landfill, which stands at 4000 Knights Trail Road, and the Citizens’ Convenience Center, located at 4010 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis, will operate at normal hours.
For more information about county facilities, call the county Contact Center at 941-861-5000 or visit scgov.net.