March 11 the deadline for submission of forms
Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is accepting applications for a $1,200 scholarship to be awarded by the Florida Supervisors of Elections (FSE) in 2022, his staff has announced.
The FSE is offering a total of four scholarships to any eligible college or university junior or senior who has been a resident of Florida for at least the prior two years and who is registered to vote in the county where applying for the scholarship, the release explains. Applications must be submitted to the elections office of the county in which the applicant is registered to vote by Friday, March 11, the release points out.
To be eligible, an applicant must meet the following criteria, the release adds:
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida.
- Having maintained a “C” average, or above, during the previous school year.
- Pursuing a major in political science, public or business administration, or journalism/mass communications.
Additional eligibility requirements are listed on the application and in the scholarship guidelines, which are available online at SarasotaVotes.gov, the release notes.
Applications also may be picked up at any one of the following elections offices, the release says:
- Sarasota County Terrace Building, seventh floor, located at 101 S. Washington Blvd. in Sarasota.
- R.L. Anderson Administration Building, located at 4000 Tamiami Trail S. in Venice.
- Biscayne Plaza, located at 13640 Tamiami Trail in North Port.
Applications may be delivered to any one of the elections offices listed above or mailed to Supervisor of Elections, PO Box 4194, Sarasota, FL 34230-4194.
For more information, students or educational institutions may call 941-861-8606.