County buses and the Siesta trolley will operate on their usual schedules
County and City of Sarasota administrative offices will be closed Monday, Feb. 15, in recognition of the Presidents Day holiday, both local governments have announced.
Trash, recycling and yard waste collection schedules will not be affected by the holiday, city and county news releases point out.
Because collection times vary, residents should place materials at the curb by 6 a.m. the day of pickup, the county release adds.
Hours of operation at City of Sarasota recreation and cultural facilities will be as follows:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Complex, located at 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Lido Pool, located at 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, remains closed until further notice.
- Nature Trails at Bobby Jones Golf Club, located at 1000 Circus Blvd., will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Golf courses are closed until early 2022 for planned renovations.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, located at 2050 Adams Lane, will be closed.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, located at 1845 34th St., will be closed.
- The box office of the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, located at 777 N. Tamiami Trail, will be closed.
City offices will reopen Tuesday, Feb. 16. Some departments and divisions, including Permitting, are open by appointment only. Call 941-263-6000 to schedule an appointment, or visit www.SarasotaFL.gov for online services.
The regular City Commission meetings will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday in the Commission Chambers at City Hall, which stands at 1565 First St.
County operations closed on Monday, Feb. 15
- The Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) administrative office.
- Sarasota County’s chemical collection center located at 250 S. Jackson Road in Venice.
- Libraries and Historical Resources’ branches and office.
- Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources recreation centers and the Knights Trail Park Pistol and Rifle Range in Nokomis.
- Sarasota County’s Chemical Collection Centers located at 8750 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota and 250 S. Jackson Road in Venice.
- The administrative offices at the Central County Landfill, which is located at 4000 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis; and those at the Chemical Collection Center, located at 8750 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota. In addition, the Re-Uz-It Shop remains closed to the public because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
County operations at normal hours on Monday, Feb. 15
- Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) services and the Siesta Key Breeze will operate on their normal schedules for Feb. 15.
- Sarasota County’s and the Citizens’ Convenience Center at 4010 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis will be open.
- The Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County.
For more information about county operations, call the Contact Center at 941-861-5000 or visit scgov.net.