Tax Collector’s Office advising the public that 3% discount to be available on tax bills paid in person on Jan. 2
The Sarasota County Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector offices will be closed in observance of the 2018-19 Christmas and New Year holidays on four days, the offices have announced.
Those dates are as follows, a news release says:
- Christmas Eve, Monday, Dec. 24.
- Christmas Day, Tuesday, Dec. 25.
- New Year’s Eve, Monday, Dec. 31.
- New Year’s Day, Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019.
All office locations will be open during regular hours from Wednesday, Dec. 26, through Friday, Dec. 28, and they will resume normal hours again on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019, the release points out.
“Note that the last day to pay property taxes with the 3% discount is Monday, December 31,” the release advises the public. However, because of the Dec. 31 closing, “the Sarasota County Tax Collector’s Office will accept tax payments with the 3% discount in person only on Wednesday, January 2,” the release stresses. “If you are unable to pay in person, you can still meet the 3% discount deadline by postmarking your payment no later than December 31 or by paying at http://www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com by 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31,” the release adds.
For more information about hours and locations, visit the offices’ websites:
- www.SC-PA.com for the Property Appraiser’s Office;
- www.SarasotaVotes.com for the Supervisor of Elections Office.
- www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com for the Tax Collector’s Office.