Event for children ages 12 and under and their families
The Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Department staff is inviting children ages 12 and under and their families to the free, Breakfast with Santa event, set from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Dec. 17.
“Enjoy breakfast, holiday music, and a visit by Santa in person at Laurel Park and at Newtown Estates Park,” a news release says. “Register children ages 12 and under online before Friday, Dec. 9, or until the event is full,” the release adds.
Laurel Park is located at 509 Collins Road in Nokomis, while Newtown Estates Park stands at 2800 Newtown Blvd. in Sarasota.
Unwrapped toy donations for children ages 12 and under are being accepted through Monday, Dec. 12, at parks and libraries throughout the county, as follows, the release points out:
- Colonial Oaks Park, standing at 5300 Colonial Oaks Blvd. in Sarasota.
- CoolToday Park, located at 18800 W. Villages Parkway, near Venice.
- Nathan Benderson Park, standing at 5851 Nathan Benderson Circle, near University Parkway.
- Knight Trail Park, located at 3445 Rustic Road in Nokomis.
- Pompano Trailhead, located at 601 S. Pompano Ave. in Sarasota.
- Laurel Park, standing at 509 Collins Road in Nokomis.
- Longwood Park, located at 6050 Longwood Run Blvd. in Sarasota.
- Venice Community Center, standing at 326 Nokomis Avenue S. in Venice.
- Woodmere Park, located at 3951 Woodmere Park Blvd. in Venice.
- Elsie Quirk Public Library, located at 100 W Dearborn St. in Englewood.
- Fruitville Public Library, standing at 100 Apex Road in Sarasota.
- Gulf Gate Public Library, located at 7112 Curtiss Ave. in Sarasota.
- Frances T. Bourne Jacaranda Public Library, standing at 4143 Woodmere Park Blvd. in Venice.
- North Port Public Library, located at 13800 Tamiami Trail in North Port.
- Betty J. Johnson North Sarasota Public Library, located at 2801 Newtown Blvd. in Sarasota.
- Selby Public Library, standing at 1331 First St. in Sarasota.
- William H. Jervey Jr. Venice Library, located at 300 Nokomis Avenue S. in Venice.
For more information, call 311 or visit scgov.net.