Drive-through, online, in-person and drop-box options available
Saturday, Nov. 30, is the deadline for the 4% discount for Sarasota County property tax payments, but residents have plenty of time to pay, using a variety of options, the Sarasota County Tax Collector’s Office has announced.
“Our offices are closed Nov. 28th and 29th in observance of Thanksgiving, and the last week of November is a very busy time in our offices, so customers should plan ahead,” said Sarasota County Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates in a news release. “The annual property tax drive-through service will be available once again this year,” Ford-Coates added in the release.
On Wednesday, Nov. 27, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., customers may pay taxes without leaving their vehicles in downtown Sarasota at the Terrace Building, and in Venice at the R.L. Anderson Administration Building, the release explains. Payment at these drive-through locations will be by check only, the release stresses.
At the Mid-County Tax Collector’s Office, located at 6100 Sawyer Loop Road in Sarasota, all forms of payment will be accepted in the drive-through lane, the release says.
In addition to the drive-through option, other ways to pay and receive the 4% discount follow, the release notes:
- Online — www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com — by 11:59 p.m. EST on Saturday, Nov. 30.
- Mail — The envelope must be postmarked by Saturday, Nov. 30, sent to 101 S. Washington Blvd., Sarasota FL 34236, with check payable to Sarasota County Tax Collector.
- In person — Since Nov. 30 falls on the weekend, Florida law allows for payment to be accepted in person only by Monday, Dec. 2. This includes checks deposited by 5 p.m. in the 24-hour drop box in downtown Sarasota, at the Terrace Building entrance on Adams Lane; Mid-County, at the main entrance; and Venice, to the right of the main entrance of the Administration Building (facing U.S. 41).
- In North Port — Wednesday, Nov. 27, in City Hall from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; all forms of payment accepted.
• In the Supervisor of Elections Office at Biscayne Plaza from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., checks only are accepted in the payment drop box (other payment types cannot be accepted).