March 10 deadline set
Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is accepting applications for a $1,200 scholarship to be awarded by the Florida Supervisors of Elections Association (FSE) in 2023, his staff has announced.
The FSE is offering a total of four scholarships to eligible college and university juniors and seniors who have been residents of Florida for at least the prior two years and who are registered to vote in the county where they are applying for the scholarship, the release explains.
To be eligible for the assistance, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment or acceptance as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida.
- Having maintained a “C” average or above during the previous school year
- Working on a major in political science, public administration, business administration, journalism or mass communication.
Additional eligibility requirements are listed on the application and in the scholarship guidelines, which are available online at SarasotaVotes.gov, the release adds. Applications also may be picked up at any of the following elections offices:
- Seventh floor of the Sarasota County Terrace building, located at 101 S. Washington Blvd. in Sarasota.
- R.L. Anderson Administration Building, standing at 4000 Tamiami Trail South in Venice.
- Biscayne Plaza, located at 13640 Tamiami Trail in North Port.
Applications must be received by Friday, March 10, at the elections office of the county in which the applicant is registered to vote, the release points out. Applications may be delivered in-person to any one of the elections offices listed above, the release notes, or they may be mailed to Supervisor of Elections, PO Box 4194, Sarasota, FL 34230-4194.
Students or representatives of educational institutions may call 941-861-8606 for more information, the release says.