Among them, drive-through service to be offered Nov. 29 and 30
Tuesday, Nov. 30, is the deadline for residents to receive the traditional 4% discount for their property tax payments, Sarasota County Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates has announced, “but residents have plenty of time to pay using a variety of payment options,” her staff notes in a news release.
“Our offices are closed Nov. 25th and 26th in observance of Thanksgiving, and the last week of November is a very busy time in our offices, so customers should plan ahead,” said Ford-Coates in the release. “To better serve our customers who like to hand deliver their payment, the annual property tax drive-through service will return this year,” Ford-Coates added.
On Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 29 and 30, customers may pay their taxes without leaving their vehicles. The hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in downtown Sarasota at the Terrace Building and in Venice at the Anderson Administration Building, the release points out.
Payment at these drive-through locations is by check only, the release stresses.
“Customers should arrive with the bottom portion of their tax bill and check already written to be placed in the drive-through drop box,” Ford-Coates noted in the release.
At the Mid-County Office, located at 6100 Sawyer Loop Road in Sarasota, all forms of payment are accepted in the drive-through lane, the release adds.
To receive the 4% discount, this year’s payment options follow:
- Online — www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com by 11:59 pm EST Tuesday, Nov. 30; payment by eCheck has no fee. A paid receipt can be printed immediately.
- Mail — envelope postmarked by Tuesday, Nov. 30, sent to 101 S. Washington Blvd., Sarasota FL 34236, with check payable to Sarasota County Tax Collector.
- Drive-Through — Nov. 29and 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at these locations: downtown Sarasota at the Terrace Building, which stands at 101 S. Washington Blvd.; Mid-County Office, in the drive-through lane, at 6100 Sawyer Loop Road; and in Venice at the Anderson Administration Building, located at 4000 S. Tamiami Trail.
- Drop box — checks only must be deposited by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 30, in a 24-hour drop box at the following locations: downtown Sarasota at the Terrace Building entrance on Adams Lane; at the main entrance of the Mid-County office; at the main entrance of the Anderson Administration Center in Venice (facing U.S. 41); and in the utility payment drive-through bypass lane at North Port City Hall.
- In person — by scheduling an appointment at www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com.