Information to be posted on signage at former polling places
Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner has announced polling place changes in six precincts, effective immediately, and temporary polling place changes in two precincts, effective only for the March 8 School District Millage Referendum and County Charter Referendum.
Pursuant to Florida Statute 101.71(2), the six polling place changes are as follows, a news release explains:
- Precincts 135 and 303 (St. Margaret of Scotland Episcopal Church). Moving to: Twin Lakes Park, located at 6700 Clark Road in Sarasota (34241).
- Precinct 217 (Fruitville Ministry Park). Moving to: Sarasota Community Church, located at 4041 Bahia Vista St. in Sarasota (34232).
- Precinct 321 (Colonial Baptist Church). Moving to: New Life Church, located at 5800 Tamiami Trail S. in Venice (34293).
- Precinct 423 (Faith Lutheran Church). Moving to: St. Andrew United Church, located at 6908 Beneva Road in Sarasota (34238).
- Precinct 543 (Alameda Isles). Moving to: Englewood Sports Complex, located at 1300 S. River Road in Englewood (34223).
In addition, the two temporary polling location changes for March 8, only, the release emphasizes, are as follows:
- Precinct 211 (St. Armands Key Lutheran Church), and Precinct 213 (Plymouth Harbor). Moving to: Holiday Inn Lido Beach, located at 233 Ben Franklin Drive in Sarasota (34236).
Supervisor of Elections Turner has mailed post cards “to all voter households in the above-mentioned precincts to notify them about their new polling locations,” the release points out. In addition, “information about the changes will be sign-posted at each former polling place,” and it is included in the sample ballots that recently were mailed to voter households, the release says.
For more information, call 941-861-8619 or visit SarasotaVotes.gov.