Sessions intended to educate not just residents but also lenders and insurance and real estate agents
Sarasota County will host a series of flood zone workshops throughout 2018 at several county libraries, the county has announced.
“The workshops are intended to educate residents, lenders and insurance and real estate agents about flood risks, zones, maps, regulations and mandatory insurance purchase requirements,” a news release explains. Attendees also will find out “why flood zone maps are continuously updated,” the release adds.
All workshops will be conducted from 10:15 a.m. to noon, and no registration will be required, the release points out. Upcoming workshop dates and locations follow:
- Selby Library,located at 1331 First St. in Sarasota: Jan. 23, Feb. 13 and May 8.
- Elsie Quirk Library, located at100 Dearborn St. in Englewood: Jan. 24 and March 29.
- North Port Library, located at13800 Tamiami Trail in North Port: Jan. 30, Feb. 20, March 20 and April 17.
- Fruitville Library,located at 100 Coburn Road in Sarasota: Feb. 15 and April 4.
- Jacaranda Library, located at4143 Woodmere Park Blvd. in Venice: Feb. 22 and March 15.
- Gulf Gate Library, located at7112 Curtiss Ave. in Sarasota: March 6.
To see the full list of 2018 workshops or for more information, visit scgov.net/floodprotection or call the county Contact Center at 861-5000.