Period to begin on Saturday, Feb. 26, and conclude on March 6
Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner has designated four early voting sites, including the three elections offices — in Sarasota, Venice and North Port — for the March 8 School District Referendum and County Charter Referendum, his staff has announced.
Early voting will begin Saturday, Feb. 26, and continue through Sunday, March 6, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily at the following locations, a news release notes:
- Elections office within the Sarasota County Terrace Building, which is located at 2001 Adams Lane in downtown Sarasota, 34237.
- Elections office in Room 114 of the R.L. Anderson Administration Center, which is located at 4000 Tamiami Trail S. in Venice, 34293.
- Elections office at Biscayne Plaza, located at 13640 Tamiami Trail in North Port, 34287.
- Betty J. Johnson North Sarasota Public Library, located at 2801 Newtown Blvd. in Sarasota, 34234.
Florida law requires voters to present current and valid photo and signature identification prior to voting, the release points out. Acceptable IDs are as follows:
- Florida driver license.
- Florida ID card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- U.S. passport.
- Debit or credit card.
- Military ID.
- Student ID.
- Retirement center ID.
- Neighborhood association ID.
- Public assistance ID.
- Veteran’s health ID issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- License to carry a concealed weapon pursuant to Section 790.06 of the Florida Statutes.
- Employee ID issued by any branch, department or agency of the federal government, a state, a county or a municipality.
For more information, contact the elections office at 941-861-8619 or visit SarasotaVotes.gov.