Vehicles will be towed at owners’ expense, Police Department warns
The City of Sarasota, in conjunction with the Sarasota Patriotic Observance Committee, will co-host the annual Veterans Day Parade on Sunday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m. in downtown Sarasota, the Sarasota Police Department is reminding the public.
Several road closures will be necessary for the event, a news release points out. Vehicle tow-away zones for the parade will be in effect on Nov. 11, as follows, the release says:
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Main Street closed from U.S. 301 to Mira Mar Court.
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Osprey Avenue closed from Fruitville Road to Ringling Boulevard.
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Links Avenue closed from Fruitville Road to Ringling Boulevard.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Central Avenue closed from Main Street to First Street.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.: First Street closed from Pineapple Avenue to Central Avenue.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Pineapple Avenue closed from State Street to First Street.
Vehicles not removed by the posted time will be towed at the owner’s expense, the release stresses. For information on towed vehicles, the release adds, the public may contact Upman’s Towing at 365-7084.