County Business Tax payments due by Sept. 30

Persons may pay online, in person, by mail or by using 24-hour drop boxes at Sarasota County Tax Collector Office locations

The 2022-2023 Sarasota County Business Tax is due by Friday, Sept. 30, Sarasota County Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates is reminding all business owners.

The county Business Tax “is required if you are engaging in a business, profession or occupation located within Sarasota County,” a news release explains. Any business that has not received a renewal notice, or any new business that has not registered, should contact the Tax Collector’s Office immediately at 941-861-8300, Option 3, or email, the release emphasizes.

“The quickest and easiest way to pay is at,” the release points out. A Business Tax receipt can be printed immediately after an online payment, the release notes.

Additionally, payments can be mailed to 101 S. Washington Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34236 or placed in a 24-hour drop box at the following Tax Collector Office locations:

  • Adams Lane entrance of the Terrace Building in downtown Sarasota; 101 S. Washington Blvd.
  • Building entrance of the Mid-County Office; 6100 Sawyer Loop Road in Sarasota.
  • North building entrance of the R.L. Anderson Administration Center in Venice; 4000 S. Tamiami Trail.
  • Utility payment drive-through “bypass lane” at North Port City Hall; 4970 City Hall Blvd.

Customers wishing to pay in person are encouraged to schedule an appointment at, the release says. Walk-in customers are accepted at all locations except North Port City Hall, where an appointment is required, the release notes. However, it adds, walk-in customers “may encounter a wait or may be turned away if the office is at capacity.”

Any county Business Tax that remains unpaid after Sept. 30 will be delinquent, the release stresses; additional money will be due.

Businesses in the Cities of Sarasota, Venice and North Port, and the Town of Longboat Key also may also be required to pay a city business tax, the release notes. Persons should contact the appropriate city or town hall for more information.